Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Leadership
Hello,
First off I would like to extend my gratitude to Staff and Network Admins for giving us a reasonable amount of discourse and to clarify what your vision is to run the server. Yes there is a lot of tension going on the server partly due to disagreement but a lot to deal with the fact we're all holed up in our homes spending hours upon hours on this server. This means that conflict is inevitable. I would be the first to say that its next to impossible to remain fair and just in punishments for conflicts. I would also agree that its not just the fault of staff that are responsible for causing drama and disagreements regarding punishments. I figured since I'm fairly active on the server and have seen both sides of the punishment issue I'd give my two cents. First, I don't think temp-bans are a solution to anything, they really have just seem to create more divisions and issues. Now I don't think getting rid of them would solve problems either,  but I think they should be dealt less frequently. Creative has always had some sort of toxic chat between players and shutting it down is simply impossible. My solution which still has its fault is as follows. I think issues among the server should be settled not by banning but by being told to take it out of chat and to PM's. If people want to continue their banter and it is getting to the point of being a problem on the server then it should be taken it out of the public image. The reality is that its the internet and banning someone from a server is not going to change an opinion. If it is taken to a PM then others are unlikely to join in, and it will be resolved themselves. Also, if someone does not like what is being said to them the /ignore command is there. And ultimately if someone is being toxic in chat, give them their warnings and all, but don't do a half-assed punishment where forgiveness is given after a sob story to Tommy or Rob. While that might sound ironic, it is what I truly believe. No punishment chart is going to change a guests mind about spamming the N-Word or putting swastikas on their plot.
As far as the Network Admins activity is concerned within creative I have a few things to say as well. While I appreciate your efforts to better our community and create a more friendly environment, I do think it is inherently flawed. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks, which applies to the internet one hundred million times over.  I think the moderation of creative should be left up to those who are within the server and have known all of us for years. In my opinion what would be ideal is if Network Admins stayed completely out of punishments and left it up to Staff such as Tommy, TCL, Teh, Matt, and other creative staff who have risen among the ranks along side all of us and have gained our respect. And that's not to say that we don't have respect for Networks Admins, but we don't know you as well and we just don't have the same level of trust placed in you. I think Network admins should have a more removed role and not deal with player issues. We have plenty of staff who are on all hours of the day, and I think it should be left up to them. 
I know I have written a lot and if you've made it this far I deeply appreciate it. I think we all can coexist without the need for continuing conflict. A deal should be made and both sides will have to give in on something.
Sincerely,
Wired

Messages In This Thread
Leadership - by Spitmaster - 05-May-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Leadership - by T1ceT1ceBaby - 05-May-2020, 06:22 PM
RE: Leadership - by Mooran - 05-May-2020, 07:04 PM
RE: Leadership - by SirBunalot - 05-May-2020, 07:22 PM
RE: Leadership - by T1ceT1ceBaby - 05-May-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Leadership - by Saabertooth - 05-May-2020, 09:08 PM
RE: Leadership - by T1ceT1ceBaby - 05-May-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: Leadership - by Saabertooth - 05-May-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: Leadership - by nico - 05-May-2020, 07:27 PM