Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Leadership
The current leadership of wok has become at odds with creative and it has become quite clear that they have a very different idea of running things then we do.  A large portion of our player base has been with the server for many years and is quite honestly the heart and soul of this community.  Creative has once again started to become popular and gain a player-base.  The last thing this server needs, is to be managed by people who are either barely on or who have no real vested interest in creative, to begin with.  You are pushing away good builders and if enough of us leave you’re going to be left with a community that doesn’t keep to the current standards and eventually our player-base will drop.  I believe it is in everyone's best interest for you to manage towny and to leave creative alone.  We have a new dev who has fixed server issues that have been around for a long time in a matter of hours or days that previous devs or current devs left alone for a while, we also as I previously stated have a newfound player-base that is growing and our income is increasing.  I believe that if we go our separate ways in regards to management both towny and creative would be better off and will thrive without getting in the way of one another.
Hello, staff and leadership of World of Keralis.

Recently numerous events occurred that were treated incorrectly. I would like to state my opinion about the events and the leadership of WoK Creative.

First off, the server does not feel structured. WoK Creative does not have a fixed/ consistent leadership, or it does not feel like this at least. Bans, kicks, warns etc. are not given out fairly, it seems like the punishment system/ policy is either not stated anywhere or WoK does not have a punishment system/ Policy. This makes WoK feel like bans are given out purely based on how much a staff or leadership member likes the person in question. This should be changed since it is just not fair and not professional.

Secondly, recently the server has acquired a new developer (MrAnonymous). He has been doing a great job, especially not getting paid any money. The leadership and players however do not show the appreciation of the developer. Take Jodlum as an example: He started bashing Anonymous his dev work, that “he has to tidy his codes up” Jodlum said this in the Public Voice Chat, he proceeded by calling Anonymous a bitch which is against the so called “Punishment policy” you have.  This put Jodlum on 5 warnings which means that he should get banned. Unfortunately people disagree with this punishment which brings me back to my first point, why is there no fixed punishment system/ policy! On WoK we do not want drama and we want everyone to be treated equally and correctly. I do not think the Leadership realizes what Anonymous has done to the server and what WoK will lose when he quits because of people constantly shit talking him and telling him what to do.

Now my next point will be a bit harsher.

Recently I have noticed that the leadership of WoK is extremely focused on Towny and not Creative. This means that Towny is obviously more important than Creative. I believe that creative pulls most of the players. Now since we have no “leadership” on creative this can result in a mess which we can already notice. Players are getting banned unfairly compared to other people. All this drama pushes new and upcoming builders away which we do not want. A lot of the leadership does not know what is going on, in the creative server. Leadership does not play on Creative enough to know what is going on and will only look at reported cases which most of the time are not the full story. Having a Leadership of people that are active on creative means that punishments, drama etc. will be treated fairly.

At the moment a lot of People want to quit WoK because of the drama going on. I believe that the server is not structured enough, the inconsistency of the Leadership causes a lot of drama. I would like to have Saber, Rob, Blindy and SirBunalot to step down from their position as leadership of Creative and focus on Towny. Give Tommy and Matt Leadership of Creative. And if that won’t work, Creative and Towny should split up completely.
-Tice
Very nice
To address everything that has been said here:

The leadership team has always been very consistent with what we expect in terms of player behaviour, staff expectations and future progress.
A network wide “punishment chart” has been implemented for a long time to try to get staff to be more consistent with punishments, and we have been pushing staff to follow it in hopes of making things fairer for everyone and more transparent. Unfortunately that hasn’t always been the case and improvements are always being made.

If players feel that they have been unfairly banned by a member of the creative staff, that player has a right to appeal and the NAs will address it. Whether that be by explaining the reason for the ban in more depth or, if we feel the ban wasn’t just, explaining to the creative staff why we feel why the ban shouldn’t of happened.

Also, Tommys is the HA of creative and therefore part of the Leadership team and he has been doing a fantastic job. We fully appreciate everything he is doing in moving creative forward.
As for the NAs not “playing” on creative, just because we not always on the server, that doesn’t mean we are not monitoring what is going on and in constant interaction with both staff and players.

As for “the leadership focuses on towny”, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Towny staff are very self sufficient and rarely need leadership intervention of any sort.

I hope that addresses your concerns and I’m open to speak more about this if you have any more question.
Though I took a two month break, I can agree to the very obvious divide that is rooted from many of our current Leadership staff. Though I respect all staff for the work and consideration they put into the server, I too understand and notice the changes in roles that should be in order for the overall benefit of this server. With leadership comes immense power that needs to be regulated, and someone with this role should administer over the server they are most active on, just as any member of creative or towny staff would.
Here's my take on this. I respect all responses and appreciate the feedback at hand. I am aware of everything that has occurred, and have different opinions on both sides of the aisle currently. Therefore, I will do my best to handle both sides respectfully.

Side One

The situation with the ban that occurred last night could have been handled differently, yes. I do however agree that there should be some form of punishment for the situation. While I  currently do not have any comment on the length of the punishment, there should be one. I do agree with the communication issues going on with staff - as it pertains to punishments, ranks and other decisions being made. I do believe that can be progress and improvement being made, and I look forward to seeing that occur. Tommy is working his absolute best, with all of the entire Creative Staff and Network Admins to ensure that things go back on track and get better for both staff as well as the community.

Side Two

With the current issues of communication and separate opinions from the community and staff - I can totally understand why the community and some players have a sense of distrust and vendetta against Creative Staff and the Network Admins. It would be terrific to resolve this separation of trust between both sides, I just don't quite know, currently, how to resolve that and end the toxicity of this community without resorting to permanent and/or lengthy punishments. Both of those options unfortunately could cause issues and loss of a decent player base. This is why we have a punishment chart in place, and while it has flaws, it is being worked on and has been addressed.

Closing

I will not comment about the removal of Network Admins, I understand both sides of the situation and see both points from the community and the staff. I do agree that the Network Admins should become more active on their respected server they observe -- as hearing complaints and issues may not be the full story and certain things may be taken out of context. This can be addressed by the Creative Staff team as well as the Leadership team.

This server has the player base and a great community, the trust between Staff/Leadership and the community could be better to say the least.

This is all I'll say, and I'll be willing to discuss it further if needed.
wok manager | wok veteran since 2011
I have to say agree with a lot of what has been said above regarding the handling of things on creative.  I understand that people go to the network admins when they have issues on creative, and that drags them into creative affairs and that's kind of inevitable.  

However, ever since I've been back on the server things been much more draconian in terms of punishments, and a lot of events have been taken out of context or are only seen from one player's perspective and punished accordingly.  Something I'd like to put out there is that if the staff rewards every complaint with some sort of punishment, they reward the people who make the complaints and that will encourage them to keep complaining anytime they feel offended in the future, which creates this endless cycle of work for staff. 

Creative has always had a very edgy culture and people love the server because they can come on and speak their minds.  Additionally many of the builders are very blunt when giving feedback on builds etc so it's common for people to get their feelings hurt.  But that's part of the process that makes players improve.  

I think creative may be more receptive to punishments if they are strictly dealt out by creative staff rather than NA's, and I think that would also reduce tension between towny staff and creative members in general.  Another thing that I think could really help fix this whole recurring issue between NA's and creative is if it was made very clear that punishments were reserved for serious offenses only (griefing, plagiarism, racial slurs etc).  Then people would complain less to staff for minor offenses and those offenses could be handled internally on creative, that way NA's wouldn't have to be as involved in petty creative affairs. 

Just my two cents, I personally don't have any issues with NA's or staff but this is just what I think would benefit the server after hearing a lot of people out and witnessing all of the drama and events that have unfolded over the past couple months.
First of foremost, I have no problem with any network admins, as they do what they need to do when they need to. But, I can agree that there is a disconnect between people in certain parts of the network as a whole. I've been playing since 2013, off and on and every time I come back there is an obvious change or shift in power. I think that there should be a bold line between creative and towny. That not only goes for the player base, but also the NA's that manage it. I think it would be IDEAL to have the team that manages creative, i.e Tommy, Matt, Teh etc. take more control of things behind the scenes as well. The same thing can go for towny as. Have the staff that manage their specific side of the server have a larger say on what goes on FOR that specific server, that being towny or creative. It would be apparent that those players would know what is best for their respective server. 

Once more, I want to clarify that I have no issues with NA's, they do their job and do it when it needs to be done. But I can agree with others on this forum that changes need to be implemented to better both servers, and to better the community as well. Just so we don't have to keep dealing with unwanted drama. We are all human and we can all change how we approach things.
I also have to agree with a lot of what was said.
I do not agree with people running to NA's about childish problems that happen on creative. Majority of the time they only hear one side of the story, though there are two sides to every story. I think, unless the issue is major, it should be kept to the creative staff and creative staff only to establish a punishment. 
Also, there was a "punishment chart" created, but it seems as though the punishment chart are only used for a select few. If someone has 5 GENUINE (genuine meaning offense worth a warn) warnings and they get temp banned, then it should stay that way. Why have a punishment chart, just to revoke the punishment? If we cannot stand by a punishment chart, then in all honesty, get rid of it.
In my eyes, it just seems like staff is consistent in lack of communication. To keep it organized we should leave it to creative staff to handle anything involving creative, unless the issue is major and creative staff asks, then NA's can have their take.
(05-May-2020, 07:22 PM)SirBunalot Wrote: To address everything that has been said here:

The leadership team has always been very consistent with what we expect in terms of player behaviour, staff expectations and future progress.
A network wide “punishment chart” has been implemented for a long time to try to get staff to be more consistent with punishments, and we have been pushing staff to follow it in hopes of making things fairer for everyone and more transparent. Unfortunately that hasn’t always been the case and improvements are always being made.

If players feel that they have been unfairly banned by a member of the creative staff, that player has a right to appeal and the NAs will address it. Whether that be by explaining the reason for the ban in more depth or, if we feel the ban wasn’t just, explaining to the creative staff why we feel why the ban shouldn’t of happened.

Also, Tommys is the HA of creative and therefore part of the Leadership team and he has been doing a fantastic job. We fully appreciate everything he is doing in moving creative forward.
As for the NAs not “playing” on creative, just because we not always on the server, that doesn’t mean we are not monitoring what is going on and in constant interaction with both staff and players.

As for “the leadership focuses on towny”, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Towny staff are very self sufficient and rarely need leadership intervention of any sort.

I hope that addresses your concerns and I’m open to speak more about this if you have any more question.
Its good that there is a "punishment chart" but why isn't it being used correctly and why can't we the players see it? I have noticed that punishments aren't being handled correctly and or fairly. Recently a player got banned for 14 days for continuously bringing up a girl player's personal life and experieces that had. he got muted and everything and he did not change. He brought it up after all the punishments and only got banned 14 days. I believe that staff should have personal voice calls with players that don't change after a punishment. I have also noticed that bans aren't given out fairly, he got banned for 30 days and now Leadership is trying to unban him? How does this work, because it obviously is a fair ban and should be treated like the other players ban. 

I also would like to propose an idea I had, what if the Leadership grabs 2 players (Preferably me and Spits), all staff, devs and leadership (MrAnonymous included) so we could talk it out and look for a solution. I believe that the opinion of the players are as important as the opinion of Leadership and Staff. Please DM me on discord so we could work something out. Discord : Tice#3754